Search similar:

uniqs
Mtaz
join:2008-10-21
Hawthorne, NJ

1 edit

Mtaz

New install got 3 QIP7100p2

Just had my Inlaws house installed with Fios in Little Falls NJ and got 3 QIP7100p2 boxs. Have to say the little time I got a chance to play with them, they def seem a bit more snappy. Maybe the increased memory, I read 512MB up from 256MB? Jeeze with the low cost of memory these days ya think they would stick a Gig of memory in there...

At any rate my inlaws are a bit disapointed (as well as I) that they do not have a clock display. I was told by the tech that only the QIP7232 DVR has it now?

Have to be honest though I think I prefer the look of my old silver moto boxes with the orange display over this design... We like our clocks!
sneskid
join:2008-01-10
Arlington, VA

sneskid

said by Mtaz:

Just had my Inlaws house installed with Fios in Little Falls NJ and got 3 QIP7100p2 boxs. Have to say the little time I got a chance to play with them, they def seem a bit more snappy. Maybe the increased memory, I read 512MB up from 256MB? Jeeze with the low cost of memory these days ya think they would stick a Gig of memory in there...

At any rate my inlaws are a bit disapointed (as well as I) that they do not have a clock display. I was told by the tech that only the QIP7232 DVR has it now?

Have to be honest though I think I prefer the look of my old silver moto boxes with the orange display over this design... We like our clocks!
My 7100 displays the clock, (almost) just fine. Have you checked the settings?
tennisman94
join:2010-02-18
Palm Harbor, FL

tennisman94

said by sneskid:

My 7100 displays the clock, (almost) just fine. Have you checked the settings?
The 7100 P2 has no display on the front of the box.
hubrisnxs
join:2009-12-30
Fountain Valley, CA

hubrisnxs

physically doesn't have a display

»www22.verizon.com/reside ··· 4821.htm
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

1 edit

ansky

said by hubrisnxs:

That reminds me of the Directv boxes. They don't have displays either. I much prefer the clock display since I have no other clock in my living room.
Mtaz
Hawthorne, NJ

Mtaz

They probably did it to cut costs. The box also lacks a receptacle on the back. Cheap, cheap box...
tennisman94
Palm Harbor, FL

tennisman94

said by Mtaz:

They probably did it to cut costs. The box also lacks a receptacle on the back. Cheap, cheap box...
It maybe cheaper to produce, but it is faster...
Mtaz
Hawthorne, NJ

Mtaz

Agree it is not doubt faster, but...
tennisman94
Palm Harbor, FL

tennisman94

said by Mtaz:

Agree it is not doubt faster, but...
Yeah removing useful features is kinda lame. I guess their excuse would be that it it's supposed to be a "green" box and that the display with related materials and power draw don't fit the green image.
chitchatjf
join:2008-07-13
Lawrence, MA

chitchatjf to Mtaz

to Mtaz
No set top controls to change channels (Up/down sufficient)

No thank you
sneskid
join:2008-01-10
Arlington, VA

sneskid to hubrisnxs

to hubrisnxs
said by hubrisnxs:

Ohhh ok, I haven't seen that box, yet.....that's kinda crappy.
Mtaz
Hawthorne, NJ

1 edit

Mtaz

For sure it seems to be a model maximize profits for Verizon.

Motorola prob said what can we do to keep from losing all of our market share. We'll make a box that is dirt cheap and fast, so they reduced it to bare min and increased the performance with hardware upgrades...
ramslt8
join:2007-12-07
Lutz, FL

ramslt8 to chitchatjf

to chitchatjf
There are controls on the front for some navigation (up, down, left, right and ok)
URFloorMatt
join:2009-07-08
Arlington, VA

URFloorMatt to Mtaz

to Mtaz
Are there any indicator lights? If not, honestly, I think that's an improvement.

Though I can certainly understand that most people would rather have a choice (with an option to turn off all the lights) than no choice.

The day I can purge every blinking/flashing clock/indicator light from my home theater will be a good day.

Vamp9190
Premium Member
join:2002-02-11
Chantilly, VA

Vamp9190

Premium Member

Hehe, that's what electrical tape is for.